May 12, 2009

Mother's Day

This mother's day was a lot of fun for me since it was my first one being a mom and I thought a lot about what being a mom means to me. I was asked a while ago if being a mom is hard and I didn't know how to answer it. Because, yes, it's a sacrifice but it is definitely worth it and I wouldn't change any of it. I imagine most mom's would say that. But I heard a statistic lately that really startled me, it said: 1/7 children under 5 (in Utah) don't know where their next meal is coming from. While that is sad for the obvious reason it made me think a lot about the moms of these kids and what their circumstances are like to not be able to provide the way they probably want to. But it also makes me sad for those who are trying to adopt but have been unsuccessful so far but would be great parents. To those people I say, keep praying, and we will keep praying for you and I know that you will be blessed one day. It also makes me want to find ways to give to those in need. I'm not sure how I will accomplish that but I will try my best.


My faith has increased so much by the trials we have been through as a family and from being a mom. It really puts things in perspective when you hold your baby, or when she gets hurt and you cry instead of her, and when she smiles at you because you're being silly. It's a great feeling. So, really on this day I am thankful to Cambria for being such a great joy in my life and for Skyler who is always there to help and is such a great husband.









I've been really lucky in my life and know that it is because
of my mom that I am the way I am. And she always helps me out so much. Thanks mom for being the best.
And thanks to M'liss, Skyler's mom, for being such a great mom to raise a wonderful son who is just perfect.







So here we are just going day by day trying trying to do our best and having as much fun as possible. Which we always succeed in doing. Cambria is such a good little girl and I love her more than she will ever know.











(There you go Judd, that's my journal entry for the day)

4 comments:

Tolman Family said...

Just for the record this post was formatted a lot better in the blogger window but turned out to have funny spacing. Oh well.

Maddie said...

beautiful :) and those pictures are fantastic! did you take them with your new camera?

(also, i hope you don't think i'm on blogger all day long, waiting for your next post lol. i really am just super bored at my torn up house. but i do love your posts!)

Kerilee Law said...

Can I just 'ditto' everything you said instead of writing my own Mothers Day post? :)

Ben and Sherrie said...

I love her tutu dress! I can't wait to see her again in a couple of months. She might be pretty close to walking by then. SAD!