September 27, 2009

5k fun

Since no one, other than my mom, joined me on the 5k Saturday I will rub it in how much fun it was! I ran 1:15 faster than I did the last one so I was pretty happy. My time was 25:25 and I got 3rd in my age division and I think I got 31st overall. I'm not sure on the exact place because the results have not been posted yet but hopefully tomorrow they will be. The best thing about running races is that you get a lot of freebies. I got a shirt, a water bottle, a "cancer sucks" pin, and loads of coupons for things. The next one I might do is October 24 and it is at night running through the American Fork cemetery which sounds cool so I think I will do it!

This isn't my favorite picture but oh well.
And a big congrats to my mom who also did the 5k with me!

1 comments:

Hanna said...

So, you don't know me that well at all, but I want to start running 5k s too! You'll have to let me know about them as they come. I haven't gone running in over a year, but I REALLY want to get back into the habit!