October 16, 2009

New Dress

If there was a Project Runway for mom's who only made dresses for their kids I would totally go on it. Unfortunately this would be the week I would get kicked off. The dress isn't as good as I would have hoped and I would have lost points on the styling aspect because I cannot find a black shirt or shoes to go with it and I've looked a bunch of places.
I like this dress because I love the white eyelet fabric. But the craftsmanship is not as good as some of my other projects. To be honest I kept getting really frustrated and just kept redoing things I didn't like. Plus, this was my first time doing pockets so I struggled.
It is a little big on her which I didn't anticipate but that just means she can wear it for longer.

8 comments:

Kerilee Law said...

Where do you keep getting your great fabric? I don't think we have many fabric shops here other than Hancock and JoAnn's.

Tolman Family said...

Skyler's mom made us a changing table pad out of this fabric and she had a bunch left over and gave it to me!
But mostly I get it from a store in West Jordan called The Material Girl's quilt shop.

Aly said...

Too Cute... You would win for sure!

M'liss said...

I used to make my little girls the sweetest dresses. Then, one day, Chelsea said 'No more ruffles Mom".

Anonymous said...

that is so cute jessica! i wish i was as talented as you!!

Kerilee Law said...

The next time we come to town you'll have to take me to this shop.

Maddie said...

geeze, you're getting sooo good at this jessica, i'm way jealous! everything you've made so far has totally amazed and impressed me!

smlaw said...

Look for Halloween shirts that are black. Under the dress you can't see the Halloween stuff on it-that's what I just got for Hallie.