February 27, 2009

Cambria's CD

So...being a stay at home mom I listen to A LOT of Baby Einstein and Disney's greatest hits. But I wanted to make Cambria a CD of some music that Skyler and I liked when she was born. Now, I could have just given her Kenny Chesney's greatest hits and called it quits but I'm pretty sure she'll be a fan of Uncle Kenny when she's 16. Then I was met with the challenge that I really don't like the music that's "popular" right now. (ie. Pink, Katy Perry, blah blah) It's just junk. But when Cambria is older I want her to think her mom once was (and still is) totally rad. So here is the list we came up with:
Estelle & Kanye-American Boy
Sean Kingston-Beautiful Girl
Brandtson-Earthquakes & Sharks or Mercy Medical—I can’t decide
The Format-On Your Porch
The Honorary Title-Cut Short
Thriving Ivory-Hey Lady
Taylor Swift-Breathe
Straylight Run-Existentialism on Prom Night
Secondhand Serenade-Fall for You
Motion City Soundtrack-My Favorite Accident
Boys Like Girls-Thunder
Counting Crows-Around Here
Cute is What We Aim For-Lyrical Lies
Brand New-The Quiet Things that No one Ever Knows
Dolla-Tore Up
It was pretty tough because we were met with the challenge of including things we liked from high school which opened up a whole big debate on whether or not we should include The Used, Dashboard, My Chemical Romance, Something Corporate.. and the list goes on since my husband pretty much is a fan of every single emo/punk band ever but luckily I won and refused to include any Death cab because they're just not my cup of tea. I think we have a nice mix though, but let me know what you think and if you have a good reason why another song should be added.

1 comments:

Maddie said...

ooh, good mix, i love it!