August 24, 2009

I'm finally a trophy wife

I ran a 5k this last Saturday with my brother Ben and my mom did the mile. All the proceeds went to the Wasatch House which is a place that helps mentally ill people. The race started at Timpanogos Park and went to Canyon Glenn then turned around and went back. It was really fun especially since I took 1st place in my age division! (20-25 yrs.) And I finished 31st overall. Which was great because I was worried about not being able to run the whole way but I did and could have kept going. This keeps me motivated to keep running and hopefully do a 10k next year. We also got a jogging stroller so I can run better on my jogs with Cambria. Our old stroller was not working out for exercising.

We had a family reunion last week and even though we had a lot of fun I didn't take many pictures, but here is one of Cambria playing with the bubble machine she got for her birthday.


3 comments:

Maddie said...

YAY! that's awesome!! i need to get myself running, i'm soo out of shape!

stuartandbrittney said...

I remember running with you in P.E. in eighth grade. I think that was the last time I ran...

Anonymous said...

Congrats that is so awesome! You have always been a good runner. I suck!! You look so good!