November 27, 2009

Races, turkeys, and pies. Oh my!

What were you doing Thanksgiving morning at 8:00am when it was 23 degrees outside? I was running the Turkey Trot in American Fork and it. was. cold.
But after the first mile I warmed up really fast and wished I could have taken off the jacket I was wearing. I set a new record for my 5k time at 24:23. So a whole minute faster than my last race time.
I finished second in my age group and as a result I won a pumpkin pie, which was delicious by the way.
This is just after I finished the race.

If you look real close you can see me on the last stretch of the race. (I'm the one wearing red pants.)
We had a niceThanksgiving dinner and had a lot of fun playing outside because the weather was nice and Cambria loves being outside.

Cambria and Skyler making Cambria's favorite face to make because she is always says "oooh" to everything.
I made a candied apple pumpkin cheesecake pie which I thought was delicious and it looked really pretty too.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

jessica? you are like superwoman. seriously! you are amazing! congrats on the race! that is awesome. you look so cute in all those pics. and cambria? cutest little girl i've ever seen. seriously!

Maddie said...

that's awesome jessica! man, i wish i was more active, i'm such a lazy butt. i so admire you, and you look great! and cambria is a cutie pie :)
skyler, you are too! haha